Boutique Family Law Representation & Stellar Client Service

Helping Enforce Court Orders

It is an unfortunate fact that after your divorce is finalized or court orders are in place, your ex-spouse or co-parent may not pay child support or spousal support or may refuse to let you see your children. Under these circumstances, you need an experienced attorney to stand up for your rights.

The Koblin Family Law Center can help you hold your former spouse or co-parent accountable to the agreement the two of you reached or was handed down by a family law judge. We know you based many of your decisions for moving forward with your life on these arrangements. By filing a contempt of court motion against your ex-spouse or co-parent, we may gain access to other methods of support enforcement or custody enforcement.

Failure To Pay Child Support Or Spousal Support

If your ex-spouse or co-parent will not pay your agreed-upon support payments, or if he or she is behind on payments and has not caught up, we can remedy the situation in several ways, once we have approval from a judge:

  • Mandatory wage withholding
  • Property and bank account liens
  • Intercepts of federal and state tax returns
  • Intercepts of lottery winnings
  • Suspension of a professional license
  • Suspension of a driver’s license
  • Passport denial
  • Writs of execution
  • Contempt proceedings

Our lawyers will do everything in our power to compel your ex-spouse or co-parent to live up to his or her financial responsibilities. Failure to pay child support is a felony crime under California and federal law. Your former spouse or co-parent may end up in jail if he or she fails to comply with your court orders.

Failure To Allow Visitation

All legal decisions regarding children are made in the best interests of the child. Typically, the courts want both parents to be involved in their children’s lives and will favor the parent who encourages this.

If your ex-spouse or co-parent refuses to allow you to see your children, we can file contempt proceedings to compel the parenting time. We can also file for child custody modification, requesting that custody of your children be turned over to you. Bringing your former spouse or co-parent to court may be the most effective method of remedying your problem.

You Have The Right To Compel Your Former Spouse Or Co-Parent To Respect Your Court Orders

Contact our office in Pleasanton at 925-298-2961 to speak with one of our attorneys about enforcement of court orders. You can also contact us online.