Boutique Family Law Representation & Stellar Client Service

Is It Time To Modify Child Custody Orders?

Over time, your life changes, your children’s lives change and your original child custody and parenting time arrangements may no longer work. You can file for a modification of your original court orders to better accommodate everyone’s schedules and ensure an up-to-date agreement is on file with the family court system.

At The Koblin Family Law Center, we understand things change after a divorce. We want you to continue to have a healthy relationship with your children and will do everything we can to make that happen. Our attorneys have in-depth knowledge of the legal system as well as the law. We know the requirements for a custody modification and can guide you through the process.

Modifying Court Orders

In many cases, you and your ex-spouse or co-parent can simply draw up a new visitation agreement that everyone can live with and we can submit it to the courts. If you are both in agreement, it is likely it will be approved with little or no opposition.

If there is a conflict, we may have to take your case before a judge to show the necessity of this change. We are skilled trial lawyers and will show how this will benefit everyone involved.

In some situations, you may want to sue for sole custody of your children. This can involve:

California family courts always decide custody issues in the best interest of the child. If your former spouse or co-parent refuses to let you see your children, the courts may decide you would do a better job of fostering this relationship and award custody to you.

We look for all opportunities for negotiation and compromise before resorting to litigation. If litigation is necessary, however, we are aggressive in pursuing your goals and protecting your interests.

You Can Make Changes To Your Custody Agreement

Contact our office in Pleasanton at 925-298-2961 or online to speak with one of our attorneys about child custody modification.